Thesis: Youth social networks and substance use prevention in Ghana: Exploring the role of peers in school-based prevention interventions.
Research Interests and Future Goals: my research mostly are in the global health field and specific areas are mental health, substance use, HIV, social determinants of health, and implementation research.
Explore Abdul’s publications below:
- Cadri, A., Abdul Aziz Nagumsi Bonyo, Aboagye Gyan Richard, Augustine Adomah-Afari (2020). The Effect of Social Health Issues on Postpartum Depression: Analysis from a Community Sample in Ghana. Central African Journal of Public Health. Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 88-94. doi: 10.11648/j.cajph.20200602.16
- Aboagye, R. G., Seidu, A. A., Hagan, J. E., Frimpong, J. B., Okyere, J., Cadri, A., & Ahinkorah, B. O. (2021, March). Bullying victimization among in-school adolescents in ghana: analysis of prevalence and correlates from the global school-based health survey. In Healthcare (Vol. 9, No. 3, p. 292). Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute.
- Cadri, A., Bonyo A. A. N., Twi-Yeboah, A., Yeboah, D. L., Adomah-Afari, A., Ane-Loglo, G. M., Aboagye, R. G. (2021). Facilitators and Barriers to Health Seeking among People Who Use Drugs in the Sunyani Municipality of Ghana: An Exploratory Study. BioMed Research International,vol. 2021.https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/2868953
- Aboagye, R. G., Seidu, A. A., Ahinkorah, B. O., Arthur-Holmes, F., Cadri, A., Dadzie, K. L., Hagan, J. E., Eyawo, O. & Yaya, S. Dietary diversity and undernutrition in children aged 6-23 months in Sub Sahara Africa. Nutrients 2021, 13,3431. https://doi.org/10.3390/ nu13103431
- Aboagye, R. G., Kugbey, N., Ahinkorah, B. O., Seidu, A. A., Cadri, A., & Akonor, P. Y. (2021). Alcohol consumption among tertiary students in the Hohoe municipality, Ghana: analysis of prevalence, effects, and associated factors from a cross-sectional study. BMC psychiatry, 21(1), 1-10.
- Aboagye, R. G., Seidu, A. A., Adu, C., Cadri, A., Mireku, D. O., & Ahinkorah, B. O. (2021). Interpersonal violence among in-school adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa: Assessing the prevalence and predictors from the Global School-based health survey. SSM-population health, 16, 100929.
- Aboagye RG, Kugbey N, Ahinkorah BO, Seidu A-A, Cadri, A., Bosoka SA, et al. (2022) Nutritional status of school children in the South Tongu District, Ghana. PLoS ONE 17(8): e0269718. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal. pone.0269718
- Aboagye, R. G., Seidu, A. A., Ahinkorah, B. O., Cadri, A., Frimpong, J. B., Hagan, J. E., … & Yaya, S. (2022). Association between frequency of mass media exposure and maternal health care service utilization among women in sub-Saharan Africa: Implications for tailored health communication and education. Plos one, 17(9), e0275202.
- Ahinkorah BO, Aboagye RG, Seidu AA, Frimpong JB, Cadri A, et al. (2022) Prevalence and predictors of oral rehydration therapy, zinc, and other treatments for diarrhoea among children under-five in sub-Saharan Africa. PLOS ONE 17(10): e0275495. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0275495
- Ahinkorah, B. O., Aboagye, R. G., Cadri, A., Salihu, T., Seidu, A. A., & Yaya, S. (2023). Exposure to interparental violence and intimate partner violence among women in Papua New Guinea. BMC women’s health, 23(1), 48.