Research Interests and Future Goals: Cameron McRae is a doctoral student with transdisciplinary training at the nexus of business, science, and technology. He brings diverse experience having held industry, research, and teaching positions. His primary research interests include topics in food marketing, technological transformation, and sustainable development. Cameron’s projects leverage mixed methods ranging from qualitative interviews to quantitative modelling with machine learning.
Fun fact about Cameron: Love to ski, play hockey, and travel.
Explore Cameron’s publications below:
- McRae, C., Nie, J.Y., & Dubé, L. (2022). Heterogeneity in feature importance and prediction performance for sales at the market and store levels: the case of branded yogurt products in Quebec. 2022 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data). 4078-4086. https://doi.org/10.1109/BigData55660.2022.10020567
- McRae, C., Anosi, M.A.,& Dubé, L. (2022). Tracing Digital Transformation Pathways from Subsistence Farming to Equitable and Sustainable Modern Society: Revisiting the eKutir ICT Platform-Enabled Ecosystem as an Interstitial Space. 2022 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). 8. https://aisel.aisnet.org/icis2022/soc_impact_is/soc_impact_is/8
- Ma, Y., McRae, C., Wu, Y. H., & Dubé, L. (2021). Exploring Pathways of Socioeconomic Inequity in Vegetable Expenditure Among Consumers Participating in a Grocery Loyalty Program in Quebec, Canada, 2015-2017. Frontiers in Public Health, 9, 1-19. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2021.634372
- Wu, Y.H., Moore, S., McRae, C. & Dubé, L. (2021). Tracing the single and combined contributions of home-grown supply and health literacy on fruit and vegetable consumption: An empirical exploration in rural India. Frontiers in Public Health, 9(449): 1-11. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2021.591439
- Dubé, L., McRae, C., Wu, Y.H., Ghosh, S., Allen, S., Ross, D., Ray, S., Joshi, P.K., McDermott, J., Jha, S.K. & Moore, S. (2020). Impact of the eKutir ICT-enabled social enterprise and its distributed micro-entrepreneur strategy on fruit and vegetable consumption: a quasi-experimental study in rural and urban communities in Odisha, India. Food Policy, 90:101787. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodpol.2019.101787
- Lan, A., Lee, A., Munroe, K., McRae, C., Kaleis, L., Keshavjee K. & Guergachi, A. (2018). Review of cognitive behavioural therapy mobile apps using a reference architecture embedded in the patient-provider relationship. BioMedical Engineering OnLine, 17:183. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12938-018-0611-4
- Dubé L., Du, P., McRae, C., Jayaraman, S. & Nie, J.Y. (2018). Enabling convergent innovation through an artificial intelligence social media platform: the case of food. Technology Innovation Management Review, 8(2): 49-65. http://doi.org/10.22215/timreview/1139